Sunday 10 April 2011

Tomb Kings

The first Warhammer fantasy army I started collecting was a Tomb Kings one and with the new incoming Tomb Kings, 3 things/rumors have peaked my interests. The first is the War-sphinx, I can't wait to get the chance to paint it.

The second is the new magic system for them. The focus seems to be more on constructs for this army (as opposed to endless troops for Vampire Counts) as the spells are more buff/debuff and only the lore attribute can restore wounds/models to a unit. So it seems a large force of skeletons may seem to be reduced to a sort of 50/50 skeleton/construct. I just wonder how this new lore (as well as lore of death/lore of light) will affect my liche's.

Finally is the rumor of a special character: Arkhan the Black.
Apparently he's a lev 5 wizard (being Nagash's second in command), but this is where I'm getting confused. The Tomb Kings hate Nagash and as such, all who serve him, so why stick him in the book. Surely the Vamp book would have been better as from his past history and even the recent Nagash novels, Arkhan isn't exactly good buddies with the dead kings. If anything, each time Nagash returns he sides with him, so why Tomb Kings? Perhaps when they release the book and if he is in it they may have an explanation for me.

Oh well, wait n see....

No comments:

Post a Comment