Wednesday 23 July 2014

Apologies

I must apologies for the lack of update for some time. It seems much of June was spent in Wildstar, with the latter also in PvZ: Garden Warfare. However, during this time I've also have had some rather tragic family events and to top it off, I've also begun study in the field of digital media. Given that it's rather a large distance away from home, it has ment spending most of the week away to study, only to come back for the rest of the week to do night work. So yeah, haven't had much time to do much (heck, haven't had much time to even play those video games now).

So what's the plus side? Well, thanks to my tax return and a camera house sale, I got a nice camera plus pack as a result. A Nikon D5300, which included a bonus 55-200mm lens (camera comes with a 18-55mm lens), carry case, extra battery and a tripod stand. Finally, I can now take night shots, something I've been wanting to do for some time. I'm also learning how to use Photoshop through my course, a bonus for my future ambitions.

There's also the release of Codex: Orks. Despite my feelings on Games-Workshops business plans and ideals, I still have a soft spot for some of it's lore and Orks are a part of that. I haven't had a great deal of time to go over it, but from the various sites it's been given an average result (though many feel that it could have been worse). As such, I have managed to get a few paints over to where I stay when I study and have begun working on a Gretchen Mob for my Blood Axes (they don't require too much time and effort to get done, great when I'm taking a break from studying). I do plan to do more boys and a Painboy (in honor of the Eternal Crusade game that's upcoming), I'm not sure about the Flash Gitz. The models look great, but it's their $ cost and their usefulness that has me on the fence. Perhaps if I can get them cheap on Ebay I might consider them.

I'll try to get something up soon, but until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment