Tuesday 19 June 2018

Major Apologies

So yeah.......it's been a while. Can't say I'm surprised, with my mental health being as bad as it is. It has hit me badly and limited my ability to do things.

That said, I have made some advancements on projects over the last six months (it's easier to say you'll get things done then it is to actually do them). As such, here is a few shots of what I've been working on, though I can't say when I'll get around to doing proper shots for my DA account (and frankly every time I've given a time I've failed to get it done each time).

The whole 'project a month' thing when out the window fairly quickly, with March's project not getting finished until late May. That said, the first 10 Skeleton Warriors of the Crimson Fox Clan are now done (please note these photos were done on the quick and so are of poor quality, better ones will be done for a proper upload):


I'm just thinking on future expansions and changing my original list to feature at least one unit of Black Knights and some more Dire Wolves, as given they are home in the Realm of Ghur (Beasts), I want to push a more spiritual connection to animals and beasts, something they continued over even after the fall of their Kingdom.

Having gone through the Path to Glory book and the release of the Fungoid-Cave Shaman, bringing back Glibbins McGibbinz seemed obvious, but since that miniature is still very expensive so I went around my collection to see what bits and pieces I had. The left over Goblins from my old Skavenslaves unit got a repaint (I didn't care about fixing them as I wasn't too thrilled at painting 20 Goblins again) while others that weren't touched got a new paint job and soon I was well into the revival of Glibbins own group, The Funky Fungus Tribe, whom I'll base in the Realm of Ulgu (Shadows). They still need some touches, mostly adding some green stuff mushrooms to the bases (and perhaps some Funky Fungus terrain to go with them, like a forest of mushrooms perhaps). Better photos will be done at a later date:


So far I have a unit of 20 Moonclan Grots with Stabbas n Moon shields (3 Nets, 1 Grot Boss, 1 Gong Basha, 1 Grot Flag and 1 Bad Moon Icon), 3 Fanatis, 2 Squig Herders, 3 Cave Squigs, 1 Moonclan Shaman (Ziggy Shroomspew), 1 Grot Warboss with Moon-cutter on Great Cave Squig (Badfang the Nifty & Oddball) and 1 Grot Warboss with Moon-slicer (Skarmaw Trollgut). Future expansions will involve lots of Squigs....cause I really like Squigs.

Will get around to posting more in the future (hopefully some Skaven and Malifaux as well).

Animated Reflections and book reviews are on hold while I recover (does one ever truly recover?), though I'll do my best to get some out in the future when I have moments of clarity. That said, I have been listening to various audio books of the works of H.P.Lovecraft. Probably not the best material for someone in my state, but I find them to be a very interesting take on monsters and horror (you may be surprised to know that while I love all sorts of monsters and creatures, I am not a person who can stomach horror well and rarely watch or read it). Hopefully it may give me some inspiration into future ideas.

Speaking of which, I still haven't given up on that video series idea. Watching old Muppet show clips has given me some ideas, so we'll see what that brings into the future.



Once again, sorry for the lack or updates, but this may also continue for the next month or two, depending on where my mental health goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment