Sunday 27 January 2019

2019 - Not the best start

So yeah, the last few months really have been a total bust. It seems the heat has really taken off in the last few weeks, which hasn't helped my main problem, my health.

It's no surprise by now that my mental health has been an ever lasting problem for me and the holiday period has been a real struggle. I had so much planned and very little has come from it. Hell, there was so much I wanted to write about, but the reasons for not are the same as why I try to keep from most media now, you can't have constructive criticism without being labeled as being from one extreme side or the other. This whole 'you're with us or against us' attitude is toxic and as that one gag sadly stated, common sense is a super power. When you have such a negative and fearful view of the world, people like that keep you isolated from seeing the good that's in it.

I'd go on, but I really want to focus away from that and start getting back on track. The Wildstar post and Animated Reflections will still be a bit behind, so instead I want to start with what I have been keeping some positive focus on: Miniatures.

I'll talk about Malifaux and the Gloomspite Gitz in upcoming posts, but one I am looking forward to is a game called Moonstone. Another skirmish miniature game, this one is a fantasy game with a focus on gathering and holding the Moonstones need to win the game and who's miniatures really remind me of classic fantasy creature art (though those Goblins really remind me of the ones from Jim Henson's Labrinth movie).

I like the factions of both the Gnomes and Faeries and will look at possibly getting some in the future to paint up. I suggest checking them out and see if your interested in the game or the miniatures.


I know this wasn't much of an update, but I'm trying to slowly get back into this and so things might not be at the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment