Monday 14 September 2020

September 2020 Projects Part 1

So I'm going to the same update style with this month as I did with last month and see how it goes.

So first things first, the Burning Sigil of Tzeentch. Said I was going to get this done and surprise of all surprises, I did.

 

While not the most original of paint schemes, am overall happy with the results (could be a lot worse). But that's not all, for we have a few Warcry Warbands to throw into this mix. First up, we have the Iron Golems.

 

I have to admit, the Iron Golem's is one of those groups that I really have no intention of playing, but they did come with the starter box, so figured that given they are mostly armoured it shouldn't be too difficult to paint up. Thing is, from all that I've worked on over the recent years, it's becoming apparent that I'm just not good at painting skin and cloth and as much as I'd like to improve my skills in this area, Covid has sadly stopped stores from letting staff teach painting skills, so another thing on the back burner. I decided to go with the standard paint scheme for these guys, figuring that the more red colour would show favour towards the Blood God (figured the warriors of Khorne would be their best customers and so what better way to drum up business then to go with the theme). So if I wasn't going to play them, then they are meant to be a rival group for someone. But who?


Enter the Spire Tyrants. Yeah, not my best work by a long shot and I have to admit that I just couldn't get both the colour scheme or the skin textures right. Still, this is one of those warbands that I did want to play and the look and feel of the group is what ultimately drew me to them. I figured that they were more gladiator slaves who were united by their leader (Mr pale ghost skin there) and that the group values loyalty and trust over most other things, as they are the skills that saw them overthrow their masters and escape. Strangely, I also imagine that the Duardin of both warbands have a massive grudge against each other and would try to hunt each other down on the battlefield to fight in their endless personal conflict.

So with that done and dusted, what's next?

Miniatures:

I don't have much GW I want to focus on this month. Oh I have lots to do, just don't have the mindset to work on it. If I do anything, it will be work on a Mangle Squigs model. I recently saw some drybrushing tutorials on a Youtube channel called Artis Opus and I really want to give them a try using the large Squigs. The idea is to paint one in that gloomy green like colour scheme while the other will be ranged from orange/pink/purple/midnight blue as a sort of dusk them. whether or not it will actually work or look any good is another thing, but it requires lots of patience and focus, which I lack at the moment. Should I feel there is a right time, then I'll try and give it a shot.

If anything, this month will probably be Malifaux focused. I had planned to finish my brothers Misaki crew, but some confusion on his half has put that on hold (I mean, it's been what, close to two years now since he played a game and it's changed somewhat in 3rd edition, so I'd be very confused too). Until that gets sorted out, I am working on a few different models, with a focus on completing my Euripides crew, which currently set up as:

  • Euripides (Crew Leader) (6 Soulstones in pool)
  • Primordial Magic (Totem)
  • Thoon
  • 1x Cyclops
  • 2x Geryon
  • 2x Gigant

I can always swap a Geryon for a Cyclops if needed, but out of the three Gigants I have, sadly one need a bit more repair work as a bunch hit the floor and got cracked legs, but this ones leg fully broke and I'm having trouble repairing it, but that's ok. Working on getting a colour scheme that I'm happy with, but from what I've got working on so far I'm liking so far.


I do feel that some are missing something. The Geryon's may need something like perhaps blood splatter around the large arms/hands and mouth might work, but I don't want to add it just yet until I'm absolutely sure cause if I don't like it, I really don't wanna try painting the skin parts again.

Also, will also go back to adding more to my old The Wild Ones crew. With the releasing of the Rough Rider rules, now is an excellent time to go back and replace all the Guild stuff the crew once used. See, when 3rd edition came around, Lucas McCabe (the crew whom the nightmare crew is based on) was no longer part of the Guild, the two count-as Mounted Guard models were no longer usable. Now that they have got rules to re-use them, I have looked at crew and models and I think I have the crew worked out. Currently, I am working on a second Miss Anne Thrope model (as they count as Ruffians and you can have up to three) and will finish it off by adding two Hucksters, who actually seem to match the visual theme a bit.

As for anything else, we'll see what happens.

Puppets:

I'm hoping to finally start stitching the fleece together for the test puppet this month. Not going to say much else as everytime I try to talk about this in updates, nothing ever seems to happen so don't want to jinx this further.

Animated Reflections:

So a bit of an explanation for this one. I've been wanting to do more of these, but when I've started writing I've gotten about a paragraph or two in and have not been happy with how it was going. I've tried it for about three different shows, but I just haven't figured out how I want it to be read. I'm not a professional critic or reviewer and really the purpose of it was to let people know these animated shows/movies existed and my own personal thoughts on them. I'm going to try again this month with a show that isn't too much for me and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment