Sunday 29 July 2012

Twinkle Part 1

As before, I mentioned Twinkle. Who is Twinkle? Twinkle is the name of a Daemonic Mount, ridden by Xzark Soulsplitter, a Chaos Lord of Tzeentch. Before you start, if Terry Pratchett's Death can call his horse 'Binky' I don't see why I can't call Xzark's mount 'Twinkle'. Besides, Xzark started off more as a comical character and while now his become far more serious, it seems fair to keep some level of comedy to the character.
This is where I'm at so far. I've only attached most of his parts, with some toes and wings still to go. The head is attached through an armature and I'll begin sculpting fur and feathers on before attaching the wings. Note that a Daemonic Mount can't fly, which is why one wing is feathers and big and the bat wing is a little smaller and off angle. This means the creature is tormented with wings that could only really help slow a fall and not much else (unless wing slap counts as an attack). I also plan to sculpt some scales, though I'm still not sure if I'll sculpt eye's on it yet (I say 'it', because being a beast of change you can never tell when it's male or female).

No comments:

Post a Comment