Tuesday 25 March 2014

Mini Sound Booth

So, not really happy with my voice recordings so far and as such, I've been looking at ways to help with the filtering of sound and noise. A lot of the equipment is very expensive, so finding a cheaper alternative is the better option.
Then I came across this video and so I've decided to give it a shot. Given that it is American, there is a price difference. Still, it was possible to get most of this for around $50 AU, though only the egg crate style was available (though it does look somewhat similar to that of acoustic foam, which is used for sound recording and is $50 AU just for a 50cm x 50cm square).

It has been build and am waiting for it to dry before giving it a test shot later tonight when everything's quiet (as I do live right near a school).
 Of course, there are a few loose ends and the edges are poorly done, but that can easily be fixed via a trip to the local hardware store. Can't wait to test this out.

Update: 26/03/14: This thing actually works fairly well. I have notice the difference in quality thanks to this little project and while it is a shame that it's taken so long to get my recordings done in time, I'm glad that this project worked out at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment