Monday 8 August 2016

August Project Update

Oh boy, what fun we have with the little time we have. Yeah, fat chance much will get done.

So, Skaven wise, I have finished the Warlord, 10 Clanrats, the Ratling Gun and the Poisoned Wind Mortar (well, by finished I mean threw my hands in the air yelling "That's it, I'm done with this crap"). Should get photos done this week as there is a public holiday and it's a chance to get some things done.

Unfortunately, my flat mate ended up accidentally breaking Skith 2.0 and loosing one of his claws (he was just about finished too, just needed a touch up here and there). Unable to find that one, I'm now forced to come up with an alternative, given those claws came from a Hellpit Abomination arm I got from Ebay, which sadly there are no more available anywhere now. I have an idea, but we'll just have to see how that goes. I do want to eventually create a profile for the Skith character in my characters section soon too.

Malifaux wise, things are moving very slowly. My skill has really suffered over the last year or so and I can't tell if it's my brushes, my paints, my lighting or me. Both the Outcasts and Arcanists have come to a stop, having tried to practice painting stockings and failing each time. Once I've worked out an alternative, I should get those back into gear (still need to get the plastic strips for the Arcanists floor boards). I've  worked on the Hungering Darkness (for the third time) and have decided that no matter what I do, he is going to look terrible, so I'll just do a wash or two in some spots and give up on him. I hate to do so, but nothing is working and I'm not in the best mental state to cope with this. That said, I'm hoping the rest will work out better, despite the crappy bases I've made (though I did miss making one by mistake).

Positive side, both Old Cranky (a much needed defensive totem for my Gremlins) and the Brutal Effigy has arrive. Given I've nearly finished two Guild Guard and Miss Anne Thrope, it should round out my crew. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I did decide to order that Nightmare set (along with the Gremlin book and the free Miss Fire model....gotta love those Miss models) and these models will round out that crew for 50ss (with upgrades and extra soul stones). Once I get some dried grass tuffs from my local store in the next week or so (they have to order it) I can start getting some shots done. When they show up it'll probably give me the motivation to work on them. That or they'll show up during my assignment period and irritate me that I have no time to work on them.

Oh well, who knows, might do an unboxing video or something. Seems a good way to practice some video editing for my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment