Sunday 19 March 2017

A Message to 3D Animators

Simply put, you guys are amazing. In my latest assessment we have to create a 4-5 second 3D character animation and damn is it difficult. While it's easy to just use a few Mixamo animations, I went ahead and tried to do a guy jump stepping off a block onto a fallen pillar to pull out an axe. The problems of doing such an animation using bones is unbelievable, not to mention the fact there are few tutorials on dealing with the issues I've had when it comes to animating bones compared to the usual simple biped design.

It only makes me appreciate the time and effort those who work in the animation industry put in and I feel these people don't get the kind of credit they deserve. I mean, just look at the amazing movies we've had over the last few years, most running around the 90 minute mark. Given the time and effort it's taking to put together a basic (very, very basic) 4-5 sec animation, the amount needed for one of those movies seems beyond comprehension. Yet somehow, these amazing people pull it together with such breath taking results.

I applaud their great work and hope that in the future we can give the recognition that these fantastic people deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment