Friday 3 April 2020

Project Focus: Videos and Puppets - 2020

So I do want to complete a puppet or two this year. I really want to get the puppets for my main series to get done, but I'm so paranoid about perfection that I may have to consider getting those main characters done professionally (which would also be very expensive). These characters are the ones I really have the most affection for in this project and I want them to be just right for when I start working with them.

As for those that I'll be working on myself, I have a few ideas as to what to do with them, though it will all depend on how they turn out. Even the failed ones will still have a use and purpose, so I'll talk more about that once I have a few test ones finished. Now I just need to think outside the box when it comes to their designs. I'll also be looking at trying out materials like latex and stuff for making more rubbery and fleshy designs for certain characters and creatures (there are elements of sci-fi and fantasy in this after all).

Face and body make-up, along with creating body props (like an alien arm for example) will also be something to look at, depending on which part of the project (and story line) is the focus of that time.

Props and scenery are an important piece for the various videos I want to do, but due to my housing situation, I just don't have the space and storage to work on such things, though that wont stop me from collecting more junk to add to the collection.

VFX and 3D designs are still a bit off. I'm just not sure what to do in this area until I have things like puppets and props to work with. Still collecting tutorials so that I will have some knowledge on what to do, so hopefully my skills in this area haven't gotten too rusty over time.

Yeah, this one was way short compared to the previous one, but that's because this one has a lot more problems and uncertainties to deal with before I can truly get anything concrete out there. Still dreaming and hoping on this one, so I pray for more luck with this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment