Wednesday 25 April 2012

ANZAC Day 2012

Just got back from my local dawn service and I have to say, that was the best one yet. For those of you who don't know, ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps and on April 25th we come together to honour our soldiers (both past and present) and to commemorate those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

This years service was very inspirational, with stories of some local heroes from past wars that truly show the Australian spirit and fills me with national pride. It's good to know that each year seems to bring more people to these services, though it's still a shame that some of the younger generations (man that makes me sound old) still lack any pride or respect when it comes to these things. To clarify, I'm no fan of the current war. Infact, I was against the who Iraq thing from the beginning, but regardless of what stupid decisions the Australian government makes I will still support and respect the troops that are sent into these unpopular positions.

Lest We Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment