Sunday 22 April 2012

Luthor Huss Short Review

I prefer my Warhammer novels with Skaven or atleast focused on a non-human theme, yet I found this book had me reading to the end (in my spare time of course). Being a big fan of the Mathias Thulmann series, it had changed my overall view of Witch Hunters. As such, this book has changed my overall view of Warrior Priests.

The story revolves around two characters. The first (and most obvious) is that of Luthor Huss, who travels from village to village in the Drakwald Forest in his fight against the growing number of undead. Occasionally a chapter or two gives flashbacks into Luthor's past and gives the reader more understanding of Huss as a man as the story progresses. The second character is the Witch Hunter Lukas Eichmann, who's hunt for heretics in Middenheim leads him to Drakwald and on a path to Huss. While Eichmann's story is a good one, it's Huss and the people he meet's that shapes the story and ultimately leads to the true villain who is behind the entire event.

I enjoyed the book, finding myself being drawn in as I try to figure out who exactly is Luthor Huss. A must for any Empire fan, but I recommend it to any Warhammer fan (or even if your not one).

No comments:

Post a Comment