Friday 26 December 2014

Curse You Route Check

So finally lost my first Mordheim match today, funny enough it was against an opposing Skaven side (so win/win match?). Not only did the opposition succeed twice in their route checks and me having one more warband member then them, I failed my check and the game ended. Must admit, it was my own fault, thought sending some through the sewers to flank them was a good idea but it ultimately left one of my sides undermanned (or is that under-rat?) and lost two henchmen there. Also didn't help that their Rat Ogre beat mine in fair combat, though that beast seemed to suffer from a stupidity streak which allowed me to beat it.

I'm actually glade I finally lost one. Being an early access game the A.I. isn't as strong in the strategy department (one game had a Sister of Sigma climb a wall, then climb down before climbing back up again in a single turn), so knowing that poor decisions can cost you is good. Can't wait to see what it's like in multiplayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment