Friday 17 April 2015

New paints and fresh ideas

Depression and lack of motivation really hinders this hobby, though all this Games-Workshop talk lately really just throws any enjoyment away. That said, I'm trying to slowly get back into the swing of things with some fresh ideas.

The first thing I'm doing is trying out some new paints. Games-Workshops current range is somewhat useless at times and is a constant pain to use. People on those painting videos on Youtube seem to use Vellajo, but the hobby stores I've been too say they keep see complaints about them being too watery and not going on right all the time. I've held back on ordering them, but in the mean time I'm going to try the Privateer Press Formula P3 range and see how they go. I've started with their flesh colours and from them will determine if the product is worth investing in.

I'm also starting two wizards, one Amethyst and one Light. A user on DeviantArt suggested I do the other remaining four Orders and was lucky enough to bag a Empire Wizard box on Ebay at a decent price. I chose those two as I don't have the right bits to convert an Amber wizard and Bright wizards are just too common for my liking.

Finally, I want to go all out painting a unit of Horrors. Just want to go nuts on colours and patterns to the point that they just seem too bizarre to even exist. Wanting just something where attention to detail and stuff if more fun then a hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment