Friday 15 September 2017

Thoughts on General's Handbook and my own Collection

So going through General's Handbook 2017, it was no surprise that I'd look over it and the Warscroll PDF releases and compare them to what I have in my miniature collection (painted and unpainted).

Taking into account all the Empire models from whats completed to what I'm still working on, it would actually be a legal 2,000pt Order Allegiance (well, 1,990pts, but close enough). As such, I may consider re-basing the lot, but if I do that it may be some time off. As for adding anything extra, that is still up for debate. I would still like to know if a Huntmarshal was Free Peoples, cuase I would like one of them in my army if it was to go AoS (that and I would need to convert a bunch of command characters for the various units).

As for Death, well my Skeleton Horsemen from the old Tomb Kings range does count as a Battleline, but I would need to add things like Skeleton Warriors, probably some Dire Wolves to get enough Battlelines for a legal faction. Would be a Death Allegiance too, as I have far too many mixed options. Would continue to add more Skeleton variants, lots of Bat and Bat-like models as well.

Destruction is just out. Apart from four Man-eaters and a Night Goblin or two, I have no other miniatures in this range, so I'm just going to call that done.

Finally Chaos. Now I have enough easily for a 1,000pt Chaos Allegiance, which is mostly due to me not wanting to re-base my original Skaven army (still holding out to see what happens. Well, that's the advice I've been given anyway), but if they were taken into account, 3,000pts or more that'd be (but I'm not counting them, so it's 1,000pts). As such, I can't field a Skryre theme as it requires a minimum of two Battlelines alone and even if I was to convert my old Globadiers (Skryre Acolytes now) they only number seven, so I'd need at least three more for a minimum 1,000pt force. Stormfiends are right out as they alone cost $99 and that is well out of my price range. As such, even a Skaven themed force would still need some more miniatures. Until they re-package/re-sculpt the Acolytes, I may hold off on adding too much more (well, maybe a weapon team here and there). I feel they'll probably do that when they release the Skryre book, as given what the so-called 'Sky Dwarfs' got, they'll probably release a few crazy Skryre contraptions too.

As for my Chaos/Tzeentch stuff, for the Deamons I can re-base both my Heralds, I do have an old Changeling miniature, a unit of ten Horrors that I'm just using to mess around with in colour and pattern (I consider them the visage of madness and the whole purpose anyway was to paint something without worrying what it looks like) and my old unit of three Flamers I could re-base. Mortals I have a variety of hero options (a bunch still to convert, plus some Games Day ones), a ten man unit of Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch and an old Chaos Spawn which I could re-base and re-paint to be Tzeentch themed (given now that Chaos Spawns have a Tzeentch name). As for allies, well I do have an almost completed unit of three Chaos Ogors, that old project I could re-base and finish and would act as a great Tzeentch themed ally in a Tzeentch Allegiance. They have a good variety in that range, so I could pick up a miniature here and there to add to it (the Tzaangor Skyfires look interesting and perhaps a unit of Tzaangors as another Battleline).

So I'd have either a Skith/Xzark alliance or two factions, Skith's Skryre Skaven and Xzark's Tzeentch (which reminds me, I should get back into finishing the Xzark conversion. Forgotten how many years that's been needing to be finished).

No comments:

Post a Comment