Thursday 27 November 2014

Mordheim - Video Game

Mordheim - City of the Damned

So only recently did I discover that there was a video game adaptation of the classic Games-Workshop table top game Mordheim. The game is in early access and as far as I can tell it's funded through early access for it's continuation. It's also a bit costly, but then so are most early access games (I'll wait for a good special first). I'm aware it lacks a lot of content, but one should expect that from an Early Access Alpha game. They will add more stuff as it goes along, but they do look like they are genuinely focused on making it a good game.

The fact Skaven are in it got me instantly interested. See, I have never played Mordheim, but it has always interested me. The idea of designing and building small warbands and battling them is just as interesting as the big army battles. Indeed, I had planned to make a small warband just for the fun of it, but it's been sidelined until I get my last Clanrat unit out of the way (although the groups Rat-Ogre is almost finished). Sure it may not be the glorious Clan Skryre, but I've always considered Clan Eshin to be my next favourite clan (followed by Clan Skurvy, then Clan Crooktail and then Clan Skrittlespike). I will return to finish that Warband, hopefully starting before the end of the year.

They did release a gameplay trailer and from the looks of it so far, it does seem like the kind of game in which you can make a warband and have battles with friends. It looks enjoyable and still have that slight challenge and that cursed element of luck. Yes, I have had a whole squad of Black Templar Space Marines beaten in melee by a unit of Tau Fire Warriors so I do know just how unluckly one can get in these types of games.


As it stands now, I am very much looking forward to this game.


Yes-Yes, no doubt you'll be playing the holy children of the Great Horned Rat. Many prizes to claim for the might of Skavendom.

~Grey Seer Skratchnsniff

No comments:

Post a Comment