Sunday 11 June 2017

Things I Just Don't Get

So with my course now over, the old depression is now kicking into high gear once more. As such, I find myself catching up with various videos on Youtube and I've found myself asking all sorts of questions. Perhaps I should address just a couple of them.

Bubsy Returns

I really don't see why everyone is up in arms over this. Yes, the original games weren't the best, but the character really only became a massive joke thanks to Bubsy 3D and I doubt his return is going to shatter the gaming industry. Honestly, I can't see how they could make the game any worse (other then it not working at all) so who knows, they might fix a few problems. Personally, there are far worse games out there that deserve more negative attention then this guy and if you don't want to play it, then don't. I find that works all the time.

Politics

If you want to end up bitter, paying too much attention on this is the way to go. It's hard not too, we live in a world that now forces you to pay attention or you risk your future, but I find things have become far more toxic then ever before. It gets worse when you realise that it includes all forms of political correctness, discrimination, etc. I can only hope people don't become venomous from all this crap.

E3

Speaking of being bitter, E3 is here and for some reason I seem to enjoy the snarky videos of the conferences then positive ones. That's not to say that good games aren't there, it's just I've gotten so sick and tired of game hype and E3 expectations with little to show for it. Too often there have been big praise for these events, yet when we finally get the games they always never live up to what was expected. I guess it is the way the industry has been heading over the years and it is certainly one of the main reasons I have trouble enjoying games these days.

That and these conferences always seem so cringy and I hate cringy. Can't enjoy things when it gets that way.

Dead By Daylight

Who would of though that after watching a bunch of Youtuber's play this game together that I'd still be interested in playing it more. You'd think after about 50 videos of it I'd be sick of it, but nope, for some reason I'd watch another 50 more. Then again, it does give me an idea for a character and story. I know people tend to complain about Youtuber's playing the same game over and over again, but if your enjoying it, then why should anyone else care.

I admit, I might sound a bit grumpy on all this......perhaps I am. In that case, I'm sorry. Try to make future posts more positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment