Saturday 27 June 2015

Malifaux minis update

So, I have four classic metal minis (Ophelia LaCroix, Francois LaCroix, Rami LaCroix and Pere Ravage) and I'm still waiting for the final one (Rapheal LaCroix) to show up. The four are getting really close to completion and I'll work hard over the weekend to finish them. This means I'll have four to upload since the fifth will still take time to paint. Being classic metals, I am aware of the plastics and I'll probably get the Gremlin Kin pack as my first set (which a basically plastic versions of the current metal Kin I have).

From there I do plan to get more, though one box set (the Vikorias) seems to be constantly out of stock. It's not surprising that bad-ass female fighters who kick butt would be so popular, but that means having to wait to see if more stock gets in (Even Wyrd mentions that it's a very popular one and they'll try to get more out there soon).

So look out for these ones soon.


Update: Me and my big mouth. Saturdays are usually a bust as I work that day, so I have Sunday off this week. Terrible nights sleep, new neighbours moving in so lots of thumping when I wanted to sleep in and having decided to go for a walk, somehow I pulled (I think?) a mussel between my right shoulder and neck, leaving me in unbelievable pain. Recovered a bit now and am doing my best to get back to the painting. If there is one benefit, is that I got to use the Youtube app on my TV to look at various water base techniques and various tutorials and now I'm full of ideas for the future.

 Update 2: So yeah, that pain has ment only three hours sleep, but the Rapheal model showed up and I'm already working on it's base. I'll finish the tidy ups on the others while trying to rush through this last model to complete the collection. I want to start planning on the plastics that I'll order in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment