Monday 12 September 2016

Second to Last Wild Ones Update

So the Wild Ones models are done, somewhat. They are finished to the point that I've stopped painting, I'm not skilled and to try and any attempt to 'fix' them will just make things worse. I'm hoping the Hounds will be in by Wednesday and I can get straight into working on at least two to finish the full crew off. So why haven't I done a shot of the finished models and uploaded them?

Well, I asked in the Old Cranky shot if adding scenery was better then just while card and the response was a big yes to scenery. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to buy new scenery or a mat, so I'm doing the next best thing and making a scenic stand to shoot them on. This means making a small board to display them on with a few coloured pieces of paper on the side to give a desert feel (I don't have access to a printer yet, so no scenic backgrounds unfortunately).

As of this moment, I am working on making the ground the same way as I did the bases, with wood filler that's had black paint added to darken it, a thin layer of brown paint (I'm running very low so I had to skip parts) and finally a black wash layer to give it an even darker look. This will help when the cracked earth paint is added tomorrow. From there it's down to how much I want to add to the base. A few rocks and a bush or two of dried grass, perhaps a broken wooden sign or something. Might have to sketch up some ideas as to what to add as I don't want it too blank, but I don't want to overcrowd it too. Sometimes minimal gives the maximum effect.

What I will do is do a light progress of creating it as an article, which I will upload along with the pictures of the miniatures. Perhaps it will give me (and even yourself) ideas for creating more improved scenic pieces (this is a rushed job after all).

No comments:

Post a Comment