Thursday 4 January 2018

A Slender Man Movie?

Really? Are you serious?

OK, so this is a thing. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the Slender Man back when he was first being a thing on the Internet, but that was like what? 5 or 6 years ago. Why bring out a movie now? (I also criticized MLP: Friendship is Magic for bringing it's movie out 3 years too late and I was a fan of that franchise too. Why do they get movies out always after the craze has long died down).

Hell, the trailer doesn't look scary, it looks irritating. The Slender Man himself barely makes an appearance and even then, it just feels odd. I doubt it will be anything like the source material and for a fictional character that hasn't been around and is already considered obsolete by the Internet, I feel this film will not help in bringing his popularity back. Many have said the trailer shows all the generic horror tropes and I'm incline to believe them. Could a good Slender Man film be made? Sure, but so far I feel this isn't even remotely like it. I'm more confused that it isn't done in the form of a found footage movie as given how all the games revolving around this character were done, this style would make the most sense for the stalking character of the Slender Man.

Worse still, Little Kuriboh isn't even voicing the Slender Man (lets face it, that might possibly be the only thing that could save the movie). I doubt they'll throw in the 'Give me $20' thing in too. Very disappointed indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment