Monday 15 January 2018

Re-evaluating My GW Miniatures

Speaking of Skaven, I've been feeling like I need to sort a lot out and one of those things have been my collections. Depression hasn't helped and the fact that I've become more isolated lately and don't play games much, if at all, I need to re-evaluate my miniatures. I feel I will probably get rid of most of my 40K stuff (not the Inquisition stuff though), keeping only a few favourites like some conversions. Fantasy will be harder to look at. I have a bunch of Fantasy, including my Skaven and the various unfinished work on my Empire painting challenge that I started years ago. I have decided to work a few things around, moving stuff into Age of Sigmar, while putting other stuff into storage until I know what to do.

Skaven so far will be a mix of working some into a 1,000pts to 2,000pts force, with a second group designed for Skirmish. As such, I'll have the Forge-Master working his mass raid for collecting resources, while Snikkitch will lead a Warband (in Skirmish) into areas to seek artifacts of power. For the time being, I'm re-basing 1,000pts based on the Pitch Battle Points system:

-Arch-Warlock (General)

-Clanrats with Hand Weapons (20)
-Clanrats with Spears (20)
-Stormvermin (10)
-Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapons Team
-Ratling Gun Weapons Team
-Doomwheel
-Warp-lightning Cannon

If I was to just use points, I would probably replace one of the Clanrat units with a Warlord (who will act as General for his obvious tactical advantages with the Clanrat and Stormvermin units) and a Chaos Spawn (cause I just love the model and it's effective & cheap). I'll get around at some point to converting a new Snikkitch model, re-base some Clanrats and Stormvermin to add, along with the Skryre Rat Ogors (the old Mordheim ones) and a Warpfire Thrower (a.k.a My Cheesybite Thrower) which will function as my Skirmish force.

As for the other factions? Well, since I have now scrapped my Skavenslaves, I have a bunch more Moonclan grots for Destruction, so I can do up a Skirmish Warband (perhaps bring back Glibbins McGibbinz now we are getting that Shroom-Shaman guy?) and could probably do a 500pt Moonclan force. Not sure if I'll go beyond that.

Death is a mixed bag and I won't truly know what to do until the big Death releases this year (will wait and see if there are releases that would suit my theme). I'm still going for the rebellion against Nagash force, focusing on a Skeleton and Bat themes.

And Order? I'm stuck with what to do. I actually want to do a mixed bag group, with a converted Huntmarshal from the Empire PDF with the Freeguild Archers I have, a unit of Sisters of the Thorn and a bunch of Sylvaneth units like a Treelord, Dryads, Branchwych and a converted Branchwraith to look like a more anthropomorphic Jackalope (because I have ideas for something else and wanted to start visualizing some of them through test conversions. Consider her to be a magical creature or forest spirit. A kinda cute, but very vicious one at that). I'd keep most of my old Empire, but they would be used as more as an Outpost extras or Skirmish. Not sure yet. Either way, I'm going for a Northern Valley theme, so lots of forests, mountains and snow, using cool colours while keeping the colour scheme of my old Empire forces.

Beyond that, I really have no other plans as I still have plenty of Malifaux to work on and beyond a few of the ideas I've stated above, a lot of it is really just re-basing and paint touch ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment