Tuesday 16 January 2018

Wyrd's Monday Preview: Bayou Bash




Oh boy, am I excited for this (well, as excited as I can be at any rate). So now we are starting to see some of the character art and box art for this game and it looks just as much like I expected it to be. Obviously there is little information beyond what Wyrd has told us as those play testing it are under the NDA and can say anything.

We know it's a racing board game where the objective is not so much to pass the finish line, but rather to have as much fan support as possible. As such, I expect there will be a lot of combat, cheating and trickery involved with it. The game is apparently up to five players, though I think I'll struggle just to find someone else to play it with me. Other then that, it looks like it will have some great miniatures to paint and very much be alternative models for things like Warpigs or Rooster Riders. Not sure if they'll have the same bases as there appears to be some confusion in the forums, so may need to look at pinning or magnets if it turns out that the bases will be different from those of similar units in Malifaux.

Still, liking the look of it so far.


Update:

OK, so maybe not as difficult to find as just google searching for the art images they had already released, I stumbled upon this pictures (big shout out to whoever took these):



Damn that Gremlin riding that massive Gator is awesome. We also have the Pig ridin Gal from the art above, the Gremlin riding the Rabbit, the Gremlin riding the Rooster, a Gremlin riding a modified bird carcass? a drunk Gremlin riding a Whiskey Gamin? and what looks like a Gremlin riding a tree?

Arrgh! I don't know who I'd play as.

Talk about a bizarre cast of characters. Honestly, I love it. This is certainly something that looks to be a lot of fun, even if it's painting the miniatures (but damn that Gator is a biggin). 


Update 2:

So the next Monday preview is now up and it is quite interesting.


So we get the art of the tree riding Gremlin and I find it an enjoyable piece (am a little confused as the things carved on it makes me wonder why it didn't attack the Gremlins for this instead of letting one of them ride it, but then again, it does work with the comedic look).

We do get to see that each rider has a set of abilities and some have coin symbols on them, so my guess is you will need to spend coins to take advantage of those abilities. It also has things called Stagger tokens, which I assume must have something to do with slowing you down or effecting certain rolls. It also tells us that the track will feature obstacles on it that will have some kind of consequence to them (so in the case of the card shown, a rock space must cause the racer to end their turn on it, showing that they've been slowed down by it or have simply hit it dead on and come to a halt).

Obviously more will be revealed about the game as they show off more preview art, so I'm looking forward to what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment