Thursday 17 August 2017

August/September Project Updates

So the last few months have been a living nightmare for myself and my health, to the point that I've had to differ my Bachelor course for six months to spend time focusing on my mental health. As part of that treatment, I am to focus more on some of my more creative aspects, with small end goals to help me recover.

That said, you may have notice that the photo shots of my miniatures lately have been terrible and that is definitely something I'll be looking into. As for miniature painting, it will be on small projects (as opposed to Crews or Units) to help get me back off the ground. As such I do have a few mostly completed ones I need to finish off (a Skaven Warlord, Ork Painboy, Light Wizard .etc), along with the Corporate Executive miniature from the Infinity range.

I'll also be looking into working back on visual effects, trying to get myself back up to the standards when I was doing the Diploma, so I'll probably place a few posts on here showing things or even just updates on what I'm doing.

I will be working on finishing Mr Sanderstone and the stupid video I have planned for him. Honestly, the video idea is terrible, but doing it is better then doing nothing. From here I will see where I can go in regards to creating on-screen characters, but I have no skill in this area so it may take some time. It's an end goal for me, hopefully getting characters like Puppet Skith and others made.

Finally there's the Blog itself. I really need to change the background and update the banner (woefully out of date). I'm trying to focus it in a more positive view point and to use things like Animated Reflections to better improve my writing skill.

This will all be a slow process, but over the next six to seven months I want to at least get into some sort of structure that will benefit myself and have it show in the work I produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment